Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rant

Well, we had stupid Expressions last weekend. 2 years in a row now that Sigma has come in 3rd place, after a 6 year run of 1st place.
Here's Grandma Myers-Bergstrausser getting serious with the "evilman."


Grandma is shakin' her groove thing. "Headin' for the Grand Canyon, how did we get so off course? Oh, all we wanted was a fun time, with adventure, some sun, no guns. Get me off Route 66, before Grandpa tells us more! We're the Myers-Bergstraussers, with that bum over there. It's this family adventure, Grandpa's wet underwear. It's this western shootout, It's ummm...you pick! This trip, this trip! Don't get car sick. This trip, this trip!" Our song, to the melody of "This kiss" by Faith Hill. It would probably make more sense if you knew the plot of the skit. Oh well.

After all the hard work it is so disappointing. Ontop of that I was getting really sick the last night we performed. I still have whatever it is. My doctor that I love and that sincerely cares about me so much is not covered with our new insiruance plan.

(That's not my doctor leah, but she looks nice too.)
So we had to go through the phone book and we called like 15 doctor's offices. All of them were note accepting new patients, except this place that I knew was a last resort called, Quickcare. It's one of those places that you go and everytime you get a different doctor. I personally am not a fan of that. I want a doctor that knows all of the stuff that is happening to me and can give me an an overall synopsis of the crud in my chest. No, this place you hand the nurse a $20 bill and the doctor comes in, doesn't say anything, listens to this, looks at that, touches this and writes you a prescription for an antibiotic.

I hate antibiotics, they don't even do anything good. And my sweet Dr. Leah would have known that and she would have hugged me and said she was sorry I wasn't feeling well and that I should try drinking some herbal tea and blah blah blah. This guy wouldn't even let me ask questions about how to keep Zach from getting sick.

Well, needless to say, it was $20 down the drain. I'd rather pay the full office visit cost with a "real doctor" than get a discount for a stupid spooty-head doctor. Then, Zach had to go to work, so I was on my own to get meds and lunch. I drove out to wal-mart at 2 o'clock after I dropped the prescription off at 10 AM and it still took them an hour and a half to pour cough syrup in a little plastic bottle. I was feeling so sick, I had to sit down in the aisle at wal-mart to keep from falling over or throwing-up until my script was finished. Yowza. I just wish people still cared about other people. Especially in the health field. My mommy lives too far away to take care of me.
my mommy :) and her girls.
I just needed a grown-up to tell me I was going to be ok and make me some buttered toast with strawberry jam cut into thin strips the way my mom always did. I have soooooo much school work I need to get done before I leave for Little Rock on Saturday, and it is not helping that being sick makes my brain feel like mush.

5 comments:

Tiffany Rose said...

I don't think you should do Expressions again... oh wait, you won't have to! :) But you sure look cute in your granny get up!
Hope you get to feeling better. Not much longer till you get to be close to your mommy again. I know you're excited to be close to them!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you're feeling sick! I miss my sweet Doctor Leah too - she's one of a kind. Hope you're feeling better soon and can enjoy your time in Arkansas. Moms are great, aren't they? I still call mine daily - she's my greatest encourager and supporter! Miss you lots!

Anonymous said...

It looks like such a cute skit too! Sorry we didn't make it to watch you. I don't even think I knew you were going to be in it! Anyway, as a totally unbiased MIL, "I really think you should have won, those judges don't know what they are talking about, and why are they rewarding mediocrity anyway!" How's that?! Enjoy your trip to LR and your Mama.

Anonymous said...

BTW, hope you are feeling better by now. No fun being sick and no one to take care of you.

Zachary Brown said...

I hope you are feeling better as well! We talked to Uncle Zachie and he said you were on the mend. Enjoy Little Rock!

Did you also wear Ben-Gay with your granny outfit to keep it real? Keep it real, dawg.