Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pressley Ridge




I thought I would write a quick blog to let everyone know that I am loving my new job at Pressley Ridge. I have been intimidated by the kids but at the same time I have already grown to truly care for these kids. They have been through so many things that I can't even imagine and I hope that my time spent here can help change them for the better. This week and most of next week are filled with training so I don't get to interact with the kids as much as I would like, but I will soon be on a steady shift were I can have a routine with the kids. Pray that I will have the strength to talk to these kids about my faith. Most of these kids are so far from God that they don't even know what it would be like to know Him. I hope I get the chance to show them. I'm heading into work tomorrow morning for some more training but I'll be back tomorrow night. Then I have a 3 1/2 day schedual next week where some of the day is in more training and the other part is with the kids. I'll be back Thursday evening so keep Cassandra and Steve in your prayers also.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a job perfect for you. We'll be praying for your effectiveness with these kids. You've got a great heart, Zach, and we're so glad you are using your compassion and wisdom in God's kingdom.

Tiffany Rose said...

I'm SO proud of my "little brother"! Love you guys so much!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying your first "real" job! You are so good for those kids, and I have no doubt that they will see God's love shining through you - it is so evident to anyone who comes into contact with you! You will be such a wonderful role model and a blessing for them, and your co-workers.

I sure miss seeing you every day on campus and sharing coffee! Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Oh Zach...You've come so far. And you have so much to offer. I know those kids will be blessed by you being there. I know that you will be blessed in your effort too. I will be praying for you and your work. I'm sure it is intimidating, but you've got the heart to do the job. I love to see your heart for God in everything you do. I'm so proud of you. I will be thinking and praying for Cassandra and Steve too. Have we told you how much we love your wife! She's a jewel. Always treat her as precious.

Anonymous said...

Proud of you, son!
love ya
dad

Zachary Brown said...

Zach, I think this job is perfect for you, especially as a "first gig". You've got so much to offer these kids and a great opportunity to identify with, and help a lot of young people grow into excellent adults. It's gotta be a weird change to be away from Cass and home so regularly, but I think this is only the beginning of the great career path you're headed down!

Rachel said...

What an amazing job--perfect for you! I know how hard it is being away from your spouse for a long period of time, though, and will be praying for you both!

Matt Wilson said...

hey! just found your guys blog from your comment on Adam Ellis'. Hope you guys are well (looks like it with the job).

Hope to see you guys soon!!!

matt
www.mattwilson.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your zachandcass.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com