Wednesday, January 02, 2008

TEA IS COOL!

Zach got me a BEAUTIFUL glass tea press and cup set for Christmas.




I have been drooling over this tea press since I used it at Border's while studying for finals. I had an earl grey tea blend, and it was such a wonderful experience. I'm new at this teat thing, but I am so fascinated with the process and flavors that can be created. Let's just say I am smitten with tea. So, just like any person seeking information...I got online and found this WONDERFUL website called specialteas.com. We're waiting for Zach's first paycheck from his new job, but he said he'd like to buy me a tea sampler from this website. As I browsed the site I found cups, kettles, different tea concoctions called yerba mate and oolong. I LOVE IT! Something I found interesting...it might jsut be because I knew nothing about to tea, but did you know that ALL tea comes from the same plant, Camellia Senesis or Camellia Japonica.



What makes it different is the process it goes through before it is dried! NUTS, huh?! Here's a quick lesson on how different teas are made if you are at all interested.



Also, Zach and I will be moving to Arkansas in about 7 months and I am already daydreaming about how I want to decorate our next living space. I found this tea pot and cup set on this website that have a great simple pattern that I think I would like to freehand paint almost like a border around the kitchen, maybe a little more random than a border. The colors in the kitchen will be sage green and light brown.



Just a little too excited, huh?! ha!
Side note...I got new glasses while Zach and I visited my family in Little Rock over the Christmas break. Lindsay helped me pick and they came to me in the mail today. I really like them. I wanted something a little more grown-up looking than my old plastic frames. More importantly I hope my migraines will go away because of the new prescription. Also, notice the beaustiful opal earrings Zach's parents gave me for Chrsitmas. Thanks mama and papa!

6 comments:

Tiffany Rose said...

yea Tea! sounds like a great kitchen idea.... but we're gonna miss you ALOT when you move to AR... sad day for us.. :(

Matthew and Lindsay said...

Hey the glasses turned out great! Yippee! I love the tea and the lesson WAS VERY interesting. A little like the How's It Made tv show that we are both hooked on right now! I can't wait until you move to AR, it made my heart skip a beat when I read it! Love you both!

Anonymous said...

ARKANSAS? Kole and I think WV is better. (My beautiful bride disagrees at times.)
Love your new glasses!
Hope your husband is staying warm in the wilderness!
love you
papa

Anonymous said...

Love the new glasses and your earrings are so cute. I too am on the "road to hot tea." Holly (and Jonathan) got me some wonderful tea and an infuser for Christmas. I believe I'm hooked! She promised to take me to a sweet little tea room when we visit NYC, so I can't wait. Maybe you can come too!!

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I've loved tea for a long time (00000long, actually ;)) but I've never known that much about how it's made. Give me a good cup of Constant Comment and a Ginger Snap and I'm good to go. Hmmmm, I think I'll have some now. I think your kitchen color tealeaf theme is wonderful. Love you!

Anonymous said...

hi! That tea set looks great!
I enjoy tea, and I really love that tea set, could you tell me where i can find it ... pleaseeeeeeeee???
joeyfine@hotmail.com