Sunday, April 19, 2009

Rachael and Blake's Wedding

Zach and I went to the wedding of a VERY good friend of mine from high school last weekend. Her name is Rachael. It was nice to catch up with some old friends and the wedding and reception were beautiful. Here are some pictures.

Zach and I in the car between the wedding and reception.


There were so many people there that the reception hall was full as well as the outdoor patio tent. This is the tent before it was filled to the brim with guests.


The bride's cake. Notice the bowls of water filled with white flowers holding up the glass platter for the cake. Cool, huh?


A view of the gorgeous satin covered chairs in the reception hall and the calla lillies and tulips at each table. WOW!


Zach and I in the dark reception hall in one of the sitting areas. Sorry it's blurry, the flash on our camera is broken. (Please refer to the rock climbing blog from a few months ago where I dropped the camera off a 30 foot cliff).


Rachael and Blake being serenaded by her family, "I say a little prayer for you!"


Here are a few pictures of the gift I made for the Jones'. It's a magnet board. I bought flat sheet metal and an open-backed frame, cut the sheet metal to size, fit it in the frame and then, I made personalized magnets for them of their engagement photos and some quotes about love. It was fun, easy, and between you and me, pretty cheap!






And, to finish...A picture of some of the flowers growing in our yard. In my favorite hand-made vase. Come visit us and you can see them in person! :D

4 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

I LOVE the magnet board!! What a clever idea, and a very special, one-of-a-kind gift. You are so creative.

Aunt Donna said...

You two look so cute all dressed up! And what an adorable and practical wedding give. I'm with Becky -- how special and one-of-a-kind. Great! And I would love to come see you and see your pretty handmade vase and homegrown flowers. :)

Anonymous said...

The magnet board is very "now" and creative. You two look wonderful!! Did you make the handmade vase? Miss you both and love you so very much.

Mama Haugh said...

That was me.