Monday, February 23, 2009

Steve Schwarzenegger AKA Steve-Rod AKA The Juice

First, I have to say that I understand there will be some people reading this blog who might hold the belief that dogs are dogs and that is all they are...I agree with that belief for the most part but when it comes to Steve I feel a little different. This dog has been by me throughout some of the lowest points in my life and right there for some of the highest points also. Steve is K-9 Therapy on steroids for me, which leads us to how he's doing...

So here is the update about Steve. He hasn't been doing very well lately, so we took him to the vet. They wanted to watch him for the day so we had to leave him there, which was a little weird. We got a call later that evening with the diagnosis. Doc thinks he has Wobbler's Disease which fits him well. If you want to read on the link you can find out more, but in short it is messed up discs in his neck which makes it hard for his brain to communicate to his back half making him walk drunk. We have him on steroids now and in three short days our pup is back. He can't jump and swim like he used to, but he is motoring around the yard and getting into the trash. He wants to play more and enjoys walks over 5 minutes. We don't really know what the future holds but we're hoping things continue in this direction. When we find out more we'll let you know...but for now enjoy the pics of our dog.





















5 comments:

Megan said...

I love steve! I am glad to hear the 'roids are working!

cassandra and zachary said...

Oh man, Zach. Do we have a beautiful pup or what? He sure has created a lot of joy in our lives. And even though he stinks up our house sometimes, I am so thankful that we are toughing it out as a family. Thanks for loving him and teaching me how to be a dog owner / mother. :D Love you.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures - especially the first one - Steve looks so proud in that picture. If professional baseball players can break all kinds of records while on 'roids, why not give them to canines? Glad they're helping him and bringing him renewed energy.

Anonymous said...

I hadn't read this blog until today. 3/4. I'm so glad that the steroids are helping. Is he still improving? The pictures are beautiful. Wish we could conjure up the feelings in the picture of Steve and Bohdi together. What good looking pups. I know Steve means so much to you both. I love you all so very much!

Tiffany said...

I miss you guys and I promise I'll come back and see you! Right now, "hiding out" in the WV hills is just comforting, but I promise... I won't get too comfortable... Love you guys!!