Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sad Day

Well, the time has come. As you might know I am in the Marriage and Family Therapy Masters Program at Harding University. I was told that my hair was not an issue and that my character spoke loud enough. I was also told that it was in the counseling room it was easier to obtain respect with a clean cut look. I took some time to think about it and they are right. It was a good time having dread locks but I think there is a time when you have to abide to societies rules and norms. It is a totally different feeling without dread locks and I have to admit I miss them a lot, but I know this will help me in the future and it is more socially acceptable.




This is what they looked like from the back. Don't they look so good?! I think they do. I never was able to see this side of them and maybe if I had I wouldn't have cut them.



Another view from behind. I think they look even better here. That is a lot of hair. Looking at this picture makes me realize that it was two years since I cut my hair. That's a long time to get use to long hair.



Sad Sad me.



The first dread is officially cut off and the trimming commences.




The back half is gone! :(



One dread left...



It's so sad I know. That is a hand full of hair!



36 dreads! I can't tell you enough how much hair that is... They are all lined up there with a side of buzzed hair so that my head looked some what uniformed.



And here it is... the final result. It feels really good but I do really miss my hair.



This is the look from behind and I have to admit I like it but like I said before I really miss my hair. One really good thing is that I was able to wear a hat for the first time in 8 months.

This was really hard to do and I have to thank my wife because I know it was hard for her but she gave me support and encouragement. She has worked so hard and helped me out so much in this new hair dew so I know it was hard for her to watch it all go. This is just a new chapter and I hope good things will come.

There is a lot more going on in our life from Cassandra's new job to my schooling to Steve to the great condo, but right now the biggest thing is the new hair cut.

P.S. I really do like wearing a hat.

11 comments:

Matthew and Lindsay said...

So sad for you!!! I don't know if baby Graham will even recognize you. But, hey wearing a hat is worth something. Hope school is going great! See you guys in 2 weeks??

Anonymous said...

You look so professional! I KNOW it was difficult for both of you. As always, I'm proud you! Love ya.
dad

Anonymous said...

Aaah, poor Zach. It was an interesting phase and I'll have to admit I kinda thought they were cool, but you do look sooo handsome with shorter hair. Cassandra, what WILL you do with all that extra time now that you are not applying hair products to Zach's hair? You guys are loved! Looking forward to seeing you at the wedding.

Anonymous said...

Zach...I can picture it now, you in the "Maine Inland Fishing and Wildlife" hat I picked up for you this summer. Now you can wear it and think about that awesome spot....Raymond Pond....Let's go fishing!
Hope all is well!
Un. Peter

Anonymous said...

Ahh - sad times! But you look great with dreadlocks and great without dreadlocks! And you do look professional - even with the OVU soccer shirt. Hope classes are going well. We think of you and Cassandra often and miss you guys! So proud of you two and the things you are doing. Enjoy these fun times!

Deborah said...

Okay, those dreads were so cool looking. However, you do look great with your new 'do. You look so much like your dad!

P. J. said...

I feel your pain my friend, but there is always next time. Or so I tell myself.

Brad said...

holy cow.

Brad said...

one word. thatsoundsamazingpleasesignmeupforsevenofthosedeliciousbeasts

chris.priestley said...

and to think... i named one of those fellahs on the way to Columbus, OH... ::tear::

Kristi Petrak said...

You looked good at the wedding. ^_^ It was so great to meet Cass for the first time! I look forward to getting to know her better. Maybe I'll get to visit Arkansas again someday...^_^ enjoy the program! I sure did for a while